555 mockingbird lane, apt 125, everett, wa 98203 • (425) 555-8024 •
objective：human resource management / meeting planning / accounts payable
profile：seasoned administrative assistant / office manager with more than 18 years' experience providing destination management, administrative support and office / staff management for expanding health care and consumer retail organizations.
• cost control / reduction
• meeting / special event coordination
• client cultivation / management strategies
• tax filing preparation / bookkeeping
• employment law
• employee benefits management
• liability insurance
• office procedure development
• multi-million dollar accounts payable
• staff training & development
• payroll management / adp / continex
• resource management
• ms office / peachtree/ quickbooks
• fast turnaround
• transcription / dictaphone
• medical massage therapy
sand dollar, corp., everett, wa 20xx – present
human resource assistant / administrative assistant
·oversee federal and state civil rights compliances for 14 stores.
·saved in excess of 0,000 in possible law suits and fines, spearheaded the complete overhaul of office procedures and records management, to ensure security protocols.
·report directly to the owner and serve as a gatekeeper, screening calls from the field, distributors and suppliers.
·schedule monthly manager’s meetings and maintain and distributed detailed minutes for each meeting.
· monitored manager work details, and informed owner of any challenges or red flags.
·create, proofread and process all personnel records including: discipline and termination, liability insurance, personal information, benefits, tax records and medical files.
· incorporate thorough knowledge of employment law, to work effectively with the legal department and store managers and employees.
· maintain and oversee document control and scheduling.
·recognized for adaptability skills and team support efforts. regarded highly by colleagues for going “above and beyond” to ensure goals, timelines and effective employee/system management.
horizon bedding, everett, wa 20xx – 20xx
office manager, full charge bookkeeper
· processed payroll for 30 employees using peachtree accounting software.
·computed and prepared corporate federal and state tax returns.
·improved processes and procedures have been credited with significantly increasing efficiency without increasing costs.
·placed customer orders, invoiced customers, prepared cash journals, general ledger control, all employee taxes and business taxes on quarterly basis.
columbia lutheran home, seattle, wa 1999 – 20xx
· prepared payroll for more than 135 employees using continex and adp software.
· managed all employee records, liability and insurance claims, as well as unemployment benefit insurance.
· processed all tax reports and filings, processed employee deductions and garnishments and oversaw the annual accounts payable disbursement of .4 million, 0,000 per month.
nordstrom department store, seattle, wa 1991 – 1999
sr. administrative assistant
·received several promotions in recognition of sound bookkeeping, records management and staff relations skills
·coordinated special employee recognition and holiday events for more than 500 employees.
·oversaw all aspects of event management including: budget preparation, employee notifications and registrations, site/venue selection as well as all logistics planning and catering. provided administrative support for six departments.
·served as an information clearinghouse, scheduled appointments/conference calls, made travel arrangements, provided information to clients, organized and maintained paper and electronic files, managed special projects/events, and produced correspondence.
·managed accounts payables in excess of .3 million in annual expenses, ,000 - 0,000 per month.
· worked closely with vendors to oversee accounts payable, negotiate payment arrangements, purchase equipment and ensure prompt delivery.
· coordinated managers’ meetings, prepared documentation for presentations, maintained meeting minutes and agendas.
· served as central communications liaison for the communications department, human resource department, store planning and facilities management.
johnson controls, bellevue, wa 1986 – 1991
accounts payable manager
· managed payroll for 85 fulltime, part-time and 1099 contractors.
· oversaw the processing and management of all personnel documents, benefits management and saving incentive programs.
· worked closely with union shop stewarts and processed union due deductions.
· filed highly sensitive documents on time and accurately with the courts and appropriate state, federal and private offices. .
education and ongoing professional experience
licensed massage practitioner, ashmead college of massage, november, 20xx
business administration, seattle central community college, 1995 – 1997
advanced study in ms excel, internet research and employment law
Gilmore Lane · West Springfield, IL 23408 · Home: (412) 555-1212 · · ·
An entry-level position in international banking.
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK June 1999 - Present
Data Services Manager/Administrative Assistant Springfield, IL
- Supervise, manage and train 22-person office staff.
- Prepare for meetings and correspond with member representatives on upcoming meetings.
- Prepare correspondences, document invoices, including materials for payment of trainers.
- Maintain in-office calendar and training calendar, keeping track of schedules/appointments.
- Format monthly newsletter and membership directory.
- Create and reconfigure client databases
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK April 1997 - June 1999
Bookkeeper/Training Coordinator Springfield, IL
- Received cash and check receipts, maintained ledger book and computer record of band deposits.
- Wrote and distributed employee and contractor checks.
- Posted billing and ran various invoices for member and non-member agencies.
- Organized materials for various training sessions, registered participants, prepared room and organized catering
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK February 1996 - April 1997
Receptionist/Information Specialist spring field, IL
- Answered phones, greeted and assisted visitors, and handled general administrative duties, such as filing, faxing, copying and mailing.
- Organized mailing of monthly newsletter
IMEX MARKETING June 1995 - February 1996
- Customer Service Representative memphis, TN
- Checked order forms, confirmed and canceled magazine orders.
- Corresponded with customers.
WEST SPRINGFIELD UNIVERSITY
June 20xx Master of Business (MBA)
International Finance West Springfield, IL
Coursework includes: international finance, contract negotiation, legal issues in international banking.
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Lotus Spreadsheet